Having a safe car to drive is an important part of car ownership, especially proper brake maintenance and care.
What Are Brake Pads?
Brake pads are an important part of a safe car and brake maintenance. Brake pads are located between your brake shoe and your brake drum.
Here are some helpful tips to know to give you clues on when to schedule changing your brake pads.
- Squealing, screeching or whining noises - This can mostly be heard while braking and happens continuously.
- Grinding Noises - Some brake pads have small metal ridges placed at the bottom of the pad as a way to make a loud noise and alert you that it’s time to get new brake pads. If you hear this often it’s a sign your brake pads are ready to be changed.
- Vibrating Brake Pedal – If you find it difficult to press down on your brakes and stop your car, this is a big sign your brakes are worn out. You will also feel a vibration pressing down on the brake which is not normal.
- Service light comes on- On some models of cars there is a sensor on the brake pads that will come on once the brakes are due to be changed soon.
- Brake Pads Look Thinner- If you know how to see your brake pads and realize there is less than ¼ inch left then call a service advisor to schedule a quick inspection.
Minhs Automotive professionally does a thorough inspection of the brake system with each visit or oil change to keep our customers safe on the road. Not taking these warning signs seriously could be very costly in the future and put you in danger on the road. If you have been experiencing these signs give Minhs Automotive a call and schedule for our service advisors to give you professional advice.
We are family owned and have been serving the Brooklyn area for over 25 years. We also welcome New York commuters from Queens and Manhattan. We recognize the value of a single customer and will go the distance to genuinely help meet the needs of our customers.